Utility Service Information
Starting a Utility Account
Starting a utility account is easy – you just need to provide us with some information and proper identification.
- Complete the Utility Application. Sign the first and second pages.
- Aside from the Utility Application, you will need picture identification (a drivers license, passport, government or military ID) as well as your Social Security Card or a completed IRS W9 form.
- You also will need a property rental or purchase agreement (Real estate agents may use a listing agreement).
Bring all these documents to the Customer Service Department at Leesburg City Hall at 501 W. Meadow St. in Leesburg. Our offices are open weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
You may fax or mail these documents to the city as long as they are certified by a public notary. Our fax number is (352) 326-6623. Mail documents to Leesburg Customer Service, P.O. Box 490630, Leesburg, Fla., 34749-0630.
Once your faxed or mailed application is received and processed, Customer Service will contact you to confirm the details of your request and to inform you of the service deposit or other fee requirements. Please allow at least 48 hours for response.
For urgent requests, call Customer Service at (352) 728-9800 or toll-free at 1(888) 219-7185.
Deposits and fees may be paid by telephone using a MasterCard, Visa, or Discover credit/debit card. Mailed payments may be made by personal check or money order. You can use all these methods or cash when paying in person.
Many customers maintain other residences outside of the area or take extended vacations. Please remember to notify the City of Leesburg whenever you change your mailing address.
Seasonal customers have two service options when they are out of the area:
- Leave the services on while away. Use your main breakers and shut-off valves to control utility usage and reduce monthly charges. If there is no usage, you will be charged the minimum monthly customer charge(s) for your utilities.
- Contact the city to have us turn off your meter(s). This will eliminate charges for the period of inactivity. Reconnection fees will be added to your next bill (currently $25 per service). Please call at least one business day in advance to confirm your arrangements.
All customers with city sewer and storm water service will be charged the minimum monthly customer charge(s) for those services, whether other services are left on or disconnected. Please allow at least 48 hours for a response.
For urgent requests call Customer Service at (352) 728-9800 or toll free at 1-888-219-7185.