City of Leesburg
As part of our commitment to support renewable energy, the City of Leesburg Electric Department is pleased to offer net metering. Net metering is a service that permits customers to offset part or all of their electric needs with their own renewable generating systems. Net metering promotes the development of renewable energy by allowing customers to use their own generation on-site, and to sell any excess generation to their electric utility.
Steps for Solar installations:
- Research and select a system to be installed.
- Complete an “Application for Interconnection”.
- The City of Leesburg Electric Department will review the application. Notification will be sent to the customer on the status of the application.
- If the application is approved, the customer will then complete the “Standard Interconnection Agreement”, which is an agreement between the City of Leesburg and the Customer.
- The Customer will then enter to a “Tri Party Net Metering Power Purchase Agreement” between the Customer, City of Leesburg and our power provider Florida Municipal Power Agency (FMPA).
- The Customer will have the solar installation installed and inspected by the local building department.
- The customer will contact the City of Leesburg Electric Department to have a “Bi Directional” meter installed in the main meter panel, as well as a second meter installed that measures the output of the solar panel.
- The Customer must then give written notice, at least 10 days in advance, to the City of Leesburg that the solar installation is being activated and producing energy.
Click the following link to view the Solar Agreements and Informational Packet.
For more information, contact:
City of Leesburg Electric Service Planner Supervisor
Phone: (352) 728-9786, extension 2021
Fax: (352) 326-6621