Hurricane Irma - Debris Removal Update - September 13, 2017
1. City crews have completed clearing of all blocked roads.
2. The debris-monitoring contractor has established operations at Venetian Gardens and Leesburg’s debris disposal site.
3. The debris-removal contractor has mobilized and trucks are arriving in Leesburg.
4. Debris removal operations began this afternoon and will continue daily from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m., including weekend — until completed.
5. Residents are urged to move debris to the curbside as soon as possible. Please do not place debris in the road.
6. The regular garbage collection schedule has resumed.
Note: Be sure to separate vegetation/yard waste debris from construction debris. Construction debris includes plywood, fencing, roofing materials, storm-damaged furniture, storm-damaged appliances, etc.