Airport Fee Schedule
RESOLUTION NO. 9289
RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COMMISSION OF THE CITY OF LEESBURG, FLORIDA, PROMULGATING A STANDARD FEE SCHEDULE FOR VARIOUS SERVICES RENDERED AT LEESBURG INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT; SETTING FORTH FINDINGS; REPEALING ANY PRIOR FEE SCHEDULES OR RESOLUTIONS PROMULGATING FEES FOR THE AIRPORT; PROVIDING A SAVINGS CLAUSE; AND PROVIDING AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
WHEREAS, the City of Leesburg, created under and pursuant to the Laws of the State of Florida, hereinafter referred to as “City” owns the public airport known as Leesburg International Airport (LEE) hereinafter referred to as "Airport;”
WHEREAS, the City desires to establish standard fees at the Airport to protect the public’s interest and safety, as well as to promote the development and self-sustainability of the Airport;
WHEREAS, the City desires that all dealings on said Airport be conducted in a fair and equitable manner; and
WHEREAS, the City wishes to reserve the right to modify or alter these fees from time to time;
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED BY THE CITY COMMISSION OF THE CITY OF LEESBURG, FLORIDA:
The City of Leesburg hereby establishes the following as the standard fees to be charged at the Airport for the services listed, until altered by subsequent Resolution:
Identification Badge Fee:
$20.00 per ID (first and replacement)
Fuel Flowage Fee:
$0.04 per gallon
$50.00 per ID (first and replacement)
Vehicle Parking and Storage Fee:
Any personal vehicle parking 30 (thirty) consecutive days or longer requires registering with Airport Manager and a pre-paid charge of $75.00 for each additional month or portion of a month, and must be aviation user related.
Short-term parking of vehicles such as RVs, campers, trailers, trucks, etc. at a designated area, for a use related to aviation, may be permitted for up to 15 (fifteen) days by registering with the Airport Manager and a pre-paid charge of $75.00.
Long-term parking of vehicles such as RVs, campers, trailers, trucks, etc. at a designated area, for a use related to aviation, may be permitted by registering with the Airport Manager and a pre-paid charge of $125.00 for each month or portion of a month.
The following conditions shall apply to the parking of vehicles at the Airport:
- Storage and long-term parking are not permitted within aircraft movement area.
- Use of designated parking areas is required to park longer than 7 (seven) consecutive days.
- Proper tag and registration is required.
- No RV, camper, trailer or other vehicle parked at the Airport may be occupied at any time. Parking shall be for vehicle storage only, not occupancy.
- Improperly stored and/or parked vehicles will be towed at owner’s expense and risk.
Non-airworthy Aircraft Parking and Storage Fee:
Storage of non-airworthy aircraft for a period longer than 15 (fifteen) days at a designated area may be permitted by registering with the Airport Manager and a pre-paid charge of $100.00 for each month or less, subject to the following conditions:
- Storage and parking period should not exceed 90 (ninety) days.
- Storage and parking period exceeding 90 (ninety) days requires written permission from the City.
- Proper registration is required.
- Improperly stored and/or parked non-airworthy aircraft will be removed at owner’s expense and risk.
Airport Operating Permit:
Any non-leaseholder individual, group, or organization that conducts a public commercial activity at the Airport shall have an Airport Operating Permit for commercial use of the Airport. The Airport Operating Permit is required for each category of commercial activity and it is valid for one year. The Airport Operating Permit may be obtained with the Airport Manager and a pre-paid charge of $500.00 per year or portion of a year, per category.
An Airport Operating Permit for a period of five days or less may be obtained with the Airport Manager and a pre-paid charge of $75.00 per period, per category.
All Airport Operating Permits shall be subject to the following conditions and requirements:
- The applicant must present evidence of adequate public liability insurance with the City named as an additional insured, appropriate equipment, and appropriate licenses for all activities conducted at the Airport.
- Those conducting any commercial activity at the Airport without an executed agreement with the City or an Airport Operating Permit will be charged the full amount above and/or be ordered to cease and desist.
All fees previously charged at the Airport for the services listed are modified upon the effective date of this Resolution and any previous resolutions or fee schedules in conflict with this Resolution are hereby repealed. These fees may be amended in whole or in part, at any time, by subsequent Resolution adopted by the City Commission.
If any portion of this Resolution is declared invalid or unenforceable by a Court of competent jurisdiction, then to the extent possible to do so without destroying the overall intent and effect of this Resolution, the invalidated portion shall be severed and the remainder of this Resolution shall continue in full force and effect as if enacted without inclusion of the invalidated portion.
This resolution shall take effect upon its passage and adoption in accordance with applicable law.
PASSED AND ADOPTED by the City Commission of the City of Leesburg, Florida, at a regular meeting held the 14th day of October , 2013.
THE CITY OF LEESBURG, FLORIDA
DAVID KNOWLES, Mayor
BETTY RICHARDSON, City Clerk