Pictured above is a typical City of Leesburg natural gas regulator station with bypass.
The regulator station(s) shall meet the following requirements:
1. An area shall be provided for each regulator station. When practical, as determined by the City the area shall include a driveway or other area for safe parking of gas maintenance vehicles away from normal traffic flow. This area shall be readily accessible 24 hours a day and shall not be within another lockable area such as a maintenance area unless City approved access is provided. Gated communities shall always provide current gate codes.
2. Regulator stations shall be fenced and shall typically be a minimum of 10 feet by 20 feet. Inside the fenced area.
3. Inside the fenced area and to 1 foot outside the fence, the ground shall be covered with a weed control fabric and 4 inches of gravel.
4. Landscaping may be used if desired or required by local code, but will not be permitted within the fenced regulator station, and shall not obstruct the gas to limit access to the station. Tree limbs shall not be allowed to hang over into the station.
5. A Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition system (SCADA) may be required to monitor the gas system for safe operation.
6. An underground valve shall be located no less than 100 feet or no more than 500 feet upstream of the regulator station so that it may be isolated in case of emergency.
Specifications are subject to change without notice.
Revised: July 2019