- The Leesburg Resource Center is an 8900 square foot, multi-purpose facility that includes meeting rooms, computer-training space, resource offices, and a central meeting hall. In the future, the center will house a teaching kitchen and café.
- Through partnerships with non-profit organizations, government agencies, churches and civic groups, the center provides a family-friendly, accessible place that offers services and activities to enhance education and employability skills of Leesburg residents.
- Initial class offerings include An Introduction to Construction, An Introduction to Hospitality Management, and Computer Skills Training. Other venues include SAT and ACT test preparation.
- Class instructors include volunteers
- Located at 1041 County Road 468, Leesburg, FL 32748
Cost and Construction
- The Leesburg Resource Center cost $ 2.4 Million to build.
- Design: CPH
- Construction: Evergreen Construction
Inaugural Service Providers
- Kids Central
- Set In Motion
- West Leesburg Community Development Corporation
- Lake Technical College
- Career Source Central Florida
- Lake County Government/Housing Services
- Funding for the Leesburg Resource Center is from the City of Leesburg, Lake County, and the Carver Heights/Montclair CRA.
- City of Leesburg City Commissioners and the Carver Heights/Montclair Community Development Agency (CRA) Board celebrated the ground breaking for the Leesburg Resource Center on May 11, 2017
- The center's well-attended grand opening was on April 4, 2018 amidst an enthusiastic gathering of partners, service providers, community leaders, residents and reporters.
Become a Service Provider
- To participate in Leesburg Resource Center programs as a service provider, contact Ken Thomas, at (352) 728-9765 or via email at Housing Director General E-MAIL.
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ ResourceCenter