As a convenience to the community, the Leesburg Public Library accepts new passport applications on behalf of the U.S. Department of State.
U.S. citizens may apply in person by first contacting the Library for an appointment. Call (352) 728-9790 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. on Wednesdays and Thursdays, and between 10 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays. Appointments are required.
Where do I go to apply for a passport?
Library second floor (100 E. Main Street Leesburg, FL 34748). Parking is free in the public parking garage and along Main, Palmetto, and Elk Streets.
When can I apply?
We schedule appointments between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. on Wednesdays and Thursdays, and between 10 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays. Appointments are required. Please call (352) 728-9790 or email email@example.com to schedule a time.What do I need to bring with me to my appointment?
All applicants must appear in person, regardless of age. All family members must be present for applications to be processed. Bringing requested photocopies of documents will speed up the process during your appointment.
- Check or money order for Department of State fees, one for each application being submitted. Please see chart below for product fees.
- Check or money order for Leesburg Public Library processing fee, one for each application being submitted.
- A completed application form DS-11. Use a black ink pen. DO NOT sign the form DS-11 until you are requested to sign it by the Passport Acceptance Agent at the Library.
- A social security number for each applicant.
- Proof of identity with photo (one of the following) and a photocopy of your proof of identity.
- Valid driver’s license (not a temporary or learner permit). Note: applicants with an out-of-state driver’s license must bring a secondary identity document (e.g. expired driver’s license, work or industrial ID, school or college ID) or other proof of identity.
- State ID card
- Official Military ID card
- Government employee ID
- Previous U.S. Passport Book or Passport Card
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship (one of the following) and a photocopy of your proof of citizenship.
- Original, government issued U.S. Birth Certificate listing parent(s) names, or a certified copy (with a seal) issued by the city, county, or state. Photocopies are not acceptable.
- Naturalization Certificate
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad
- Previously issued U.S. Passport
- Applicants ages birth to 15 must be accompanied by parents presenting proof of relationship to the minor child (a birth certificate or adoption papers). Whoever is listed on the birth certificate or adoption papers must appear in person. If two parents are listed, one parent may appear with a notarized consent form DS-3053, and a photocopy of both sides of the non-appearing parent’s ID. A foster parent/legal guardian must present court documents that identify them as the court-appointed foster parent/legal guardian to the minor child. Click here for complete information regarding passport applications for children.
- Applicants 16 and 17 years old need only one parent present in most cases.
- One 2-inch x 2-inch color passport photo with a white background for each applicant. The passport photo must meet the State Department’s photo requirements. As of November 1, 2016, no eyeglasses are permitted in passport photos. Photo services are available at the Library for a $10.00 fee per photo. Click here for a list of local passport photo locations.
Two separate fees and fee payments are required for each application, and the fees vary according to the type of product you’re applying for. The first fee is paid to the U.S. Department of State, and the second fee is paid to the Leesburg Public Library.
- The Leesburg Public Library does NOT process passport renewals. If you are traveling within three (3) weeks you must call 877-487-2778 to schedule an appointment at the Miami regional passport agency. If your travel is not imminent, you can mail in your renewal application, documentation, and fee. Click here for complete information on how to renew your passport.
- If you request “hand-carry” service, a letter of authorization and itinerary are required to show proof of travel within two (2) weeks.
- Bring your passport photo, or an agent can take your photo at the Library for a $10.00 fee per photo.
- Expedited service (approximately three (3) weeks) is available at an additional cost of $60 per applicant.
- Overnight delivery service to return the completed passport book is available at an additional cost of $15.89 per applicant. Note: Overnight return service is not available for passport cards.
- If you have had a passport under a different name, please bring evidence to support the name change.
- For children deriving U.S. citizenship through their parents, the following are required: parent’s naturalization certificate, child’s permanent resident card, and child’s birth certificate. If the child’s birth certificate is not in English, a certified English translation is required.
- Regular Passport Books and Passport Cards are valid for ten (10) years for adults and five (5) years for minors under 16 (passport executed before the child’s sixteenth birthday).
For all other passport fees, online application forms, information on required documentation, and a wealth of other passport and international travel information, visit the only official website for passport information: Travel.state.gov