The Leesburg Police Department is a very progressive law enforcement agency with 71 sworn officers, 25 full-time civilians and 8 part-time school crossing guards. We are a "Community Oriented Policing" (C.O.P.) department that utilizes a problem-solving philosophy supported by intelligence-led principles. We perform traditional enforcement activities while consistently seeking long-term problem resolution in various partnerships with our citizens.
The department is divided into three divisions; Road Patrol, Criminal Investigations, and Support Services. Within these divisions there are various specialized units including Traffic Unit, S.W.A.T. (Special Weapons And Tactics), Narcotics/Vice, Community Services, and Code Enforcement.
Join our Team
The Leesburg Police Department typically hires throughout the year, selecting from the best applicants to meet the needs of our community. Learn more.
Like Us on our facebook page for department updates.
Police and Community Roundtable
Join the Chief for monthly meetings to share ideas and community concerns.
Online Crime Mapping is Now Available!
Click here to view a map of reported incidents
(Enter Leesburg, FL in the address search) Leesburg Map
Don't Get Scammed
Professional criminals are just a phone call away. They call you at home and pressure you into scams that are too good to be true. Protect yourself, your identity and your savings with these simple tips:
- Resist pressure to make a decision immediately.
- Keep your credit card, checking account,
- or Social Security numbers to yourself.
- Don’t pay for something just because you’ll get a “free gift.”
- Get all information in writing before you agree to buy.
- Don’t send cash by messenger, overnight mail, or money transfer.
- Say “no thanks” and hang up the phone.
- If you don’t want a business to call you again, say so. If they call back, they’re breaking the law.
Custodian of Police Records
Leesburg Police Department
115 E Magnolia St
Leesburg, Florida 34748