This section provides information regarding the return of firearms. The Leesburg Police Department utilizes the Florida Department of Law Enforcement’s Firearms Eligibility System to ensure firearms are returned only to lawful owners who qualify to own and possess a firearm according to Florida law. Please use this checklist and the attached Disposition of Firearms form to ensure your firearm is returned as quickly as possible. Please note that firearms and ammunition are returned separately for the safety of the public. Ammunition is available for return 24 hours after the return of the firearm.
Firearms returns are by appointment only Monday through Friday as designated in the schedule below:
Monday – Between 12:30pm and 3:30pm
Tuesday through Friday – Between 10:00am and 12:00pm, and 12:30pm and 3:30pm
Please call 352-728-9860 and request to speak with the evidence section to schedule an appointment.
Prior to your appointment to reclaim your firearm:
- You may Download a copy of the Firearm Reclaim Packet.
- Fill out Section A of the Disposition of Firearm form. Please complete all blocks of information. Your social security number is optional.
- Answer all the questions in the Firearm Reclaim Eligibility Questions section.
- In Section B, sign and date the form.
For your appointment:
- Bring your signed copy of the Disposition of Firearm form.
- Bring your government issued ID card. If applicable, bring your concealed carry permit as well.
- Bring proof of ownership of the firearm. Proof of ownership may include:
- A copy of the bill of sale
- A copy of a firearms registration in your name
- A copy of the police report (for firearms stolen from jurisdictions other than Leesburg)