How Youth Sports Programs Can Benefit Children and Parents
Getting your child involved in youth sports programs offers many tangible benefits and rewards--not just for your child, but for you, too. Youth sports programs run the gamut from soccer to basketball, and they are a worthwhile investment of time and money for the whole family.
Let's begin by looking at the benefits these programs offer to your child:
Increased physical fitness is the most obvious benefit to participating in a sports program:
• Children who regularly participate in sports show increased coordination and better overall health than their peers who do not get involved.
• Increased physical activity allows for better weight management as well.
Participating in sports will help your child build their social skills:
• By working with others on their team, your child can understand the concept of teamwork and hones their leadership skills.
• Your child will learn about sportsmanship and treating others with respect.
• Finally, your child will also learn about the concept of success vs. failure, and about the dedication it takes to achieve success.
Participating in sports is just plain fun for children:
• It allows them to enjoy time spent with their friends.
• It also encourages them to make new friends.
Strengthens Your Parent-Child Bond
The best benefit youth sports programs can offer you is a chance to bond with your child:
• Watching your child play sports can help you modify your expectations. Watching your child learn to win and to lose is a valuable lesson in control for parents also.
• Participation makes your child feel special. After all, who doesn't want to have someone cheering them on?
• You may decide to get more active. If your child has taken up a sport that looks like fun, have him/her teach you some moves over the weekend, or better yet, join a Leesburg Recreation adult league!
Sports programs offer benefits that go way beyond physical fitness. They can be a fun learning experience for the whole family. Find a sport or activity your child loves and go for it!
Registration for any sports program require a Registration Form.
Leesburg Recreation Complex
1851 Griffin Road Leesburg, FL 34748
*Birth Certificates are required*