Starting Your Utility Account
Starting your utility account is easy – you just need proper identification and to follow these steps:
- Complete the Online Utility Application. (There are 2 options: You may fill out the form and submit the application electronically or print to submit in person).
- You will need picture identification (a drivers license, passport, government or military ID).
- Residential utility applicants must include a property rental or purchase agreement. (Real estate agents may use a listing agreement).
- Commercial utility applicants must provide a copy of the lease for commercial property or provide landlord verification.
You may present documents in person, fax, mail or email this information:
- In person: Visit the Customer Service Department at Leesburg City Hall at 501 W. Meadow St. in Leesburg. Our offices are open weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Fax: (352) 326-6623
- Mail: Leesburg Customer Service, P.O. Box 490630, Leesburg, Fl., 34749-0630
- Email Customer Service General E-MAIL.
Once your application is received and processed, Customer Service will contact you to confirm the details of your request and to inform you of the service deposit or other fee requirements. Please allow at least 72 hours for response.
For urgent requests, call Customer Service at (352) 728-9800.
Deposits and fees may be paid by telephone using a MasterCard, Visa, or Discover credit/debit card. Mailed payments may be made by personal check or money order. You can use all these methods or cash when paying in person.
TO TURN OFF UTILITY SERVICE
Call Customer Service at (352) 728-9800 to turn off your utility service OR email Customer Service General E-MAIL your request with the following information: date of termination services, forwarding address and last four digits of social security number for authorization of this request.