- Replace older toilets with a WaterSense labeled high efficiency toilet
- Only use your washing machine and dishwasher when you are washing full loads
- Let your dishwasher do the work - Dishwashers conserve much more water than washing dishes by hand with the water constantly running
- Take shorter showers - Each minute you shave off your shower will save you water and reduce your monthly bill
- Install a high efficiency showerhead
- Turn your faucet off while you are shaving and brushing your teeth - Faucets should only be turned on while you are rinsing.
- Familiarize yourself with local irrigation restrictions
- Plant a Florida-Friendly Landscape
- Check you irrigations heads regularly to ensure all they are functioning properly
- Use the correct irrigation head for the appropriate area
- Adjust irrigation heads so they do not water paved areas such as driveways and sidewalks
- Check for and repair leaks - Even small leaks can waste hundreds or even thousands of gallons of water a month
Visit the link below to download free brochures on water onservation.