How do I turn on/off Utility Services?
TURN ON UTILITY SERVICE – you will need proper identification and follow these steps:
- Complete the Online Utility Application. (There are 2 options: You may fill out the form and submit the application electronically or print to submit in person).
- You will need picture identification (a drivers license, passport, government or military ID).
- Residential utility applicants must include a property rental or purchase agreement. (Real estate agents may use a listing agreement).
- Commercial utility applicants may provide a copy of the lease for commercial property or provide landlord verification.
You may present documents in person, fax, mail or email this information:
- In person: Visit the Customer Service Department at Leesburg City Hall at 501 W. Meadow St. in Leesburg. Our offices are open weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Fax: (352) 326-6623
- Mail: Leesburg Customer Service, P.O. Box 490630, Leesburg, Fl., 34749-0630
- Email Customer Service General E-MAIL.
Once your application is received and processed, Customer Service will contact you to confirm the details of your request and to inform you of the service deposit or other fee requirements. Please allow at least 48 hours for response.
For urgent requests, call Customer Service at (352) 728-9800.
Deposits and fees may be paid by telephone using a MasterCard, Visa, or Discover credit/debit card. Mailed payments may be made by personal check or money order. You can use all these methods or cash when paying in person.
TO TURN OFF UTILITY SERVICE
Call Customer Service at (352) 728-9800 to turn off your utility service OR email Customer Service General E-MAIL your request with the following information: date of termination services, forwarding address and last four digits of social security number for authorization of this request.
How Do I Make a Utility Payment?
Where can I find Job Openings and Apply for them?
Where do I search for Building Permits?
Where can I find information regarding Business Tax Receipts?
Where can I find information or forms regarding Electric?
Where can I find contact information for staff?
For our Municipal Phone Directory, please use the link provided for more information: Phone Directory
Would you prefer to contact via email? For more information, please visit our Citizen's Request Center
Where can I find information regarding Garbage Pickup and Schedule?
Where can I get Information about Events?
Where can I find information regarding the City of Leesburg Recreation Facilities and Parks?
Where can I find Municipal Codes?
Our City's Codes and Ordinances are located on Municode and can be viewed using the link provided: Municipal Code Library
How do I register as a new vendor?
Where can I register to vote?
You may register in person at the Lake County Courthouse, 315 W. Main Street, Tavares.
You may register at any Drivers License Office. In Leesburg the Driver License Office is located at 2219 N. Citrus Boulevard.
Forms for registration by mail are available at:
- Leesburg Public Library, 100 East Main Street
- City Records, 1st Floor, City Hall, 501 W. Meadow Street
More information about Voter Registration in Florida is available at: Florida Department of State - Division of Elections.
Where can I find information regarding Water Conservation?
Where can I find information regarding yard/charity sale permits?
Yard sales, garage sales, carport sales, and charity sales such as car washes are governed by the City's Code of Ordinances. Violation may result in a citation requiring you to appear before the Code Enforcement Board. Permits are only issued for residents within Leesburg city limits. Please bring photo identification.
- You must have a permit to hold one of these sales.
- You may apply for a permit at the Information Desk on the first floor
of City Hall.
- Permits are free.
- Permits are issued only for Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays.
- You MAY NOT have a sale on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday.
- You must specify the day or days of the sale by date. You may
request a permit for two consecutive Thursday, Friday, and Saturday
dates. (For a total of no more than six days) .
- You must wait 90 days after the last date on the permit before you can
apply for another permit.
- You must display the permit at the sale.
- You may not display merchandise after the expiration date on the
- You may not post signs on any City property.
For more information, call (352) 728-9700.
Need Assistance with our online forms?
How do I save a form and submit it later?
I have saved a form and would like to open it and complete it, How do I do this?
1. In the toolbar at the top of the form, you will see a printer option with a pdf or the image to the right