About Carver Heights CRA
The City of Leesburg established the Carver Heights/Montclair Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) in December 2001 and began to implement the plan for redevelopment in 2002. The plan evaluates the Redevelopment Areas’ physical and economic conditions, accomplishments, current challenges and development opportunities facing the community. The plan also presents redevelopment strategies and tasks to encourage economic development, preserve and enhance property values, improve pedestrian safety, provide recreational facilities, and assist in home ownership.
View the Carver Heights CRA redevelopment plan.
Redevelopment Area Boundary
The Carver Heights/Montclair Redevelopment Area is approximately 1492 + acres in size and is illustrated in the image to the right. The CHMRA is generally bounded to the north by the Fruitland Park City limits and old railroad right of way run South 1453 + feet to Wal-Mart, East 1320 + feet to US 27/441 and run south to Griffin Road. Run West along Griffin Road to Susan Street. Run south along Susan Street, and continue southwards to Center Street. Run west long Center Street to Montclair Road West to CR 468. Follow Leesburg City limits west to Lewis Street. Follow Leesburg City limits in a general easterly and northern direction to point of beginning.
- Develop Parklands, trailheads and open space
- Install sidewalks on Area Roadways
- Provide Housing Assistance Programs
- Install Street Lights in the CRA area
- Fund the installation and construction of hardscape and landscape gateway features
- Create a strong neighborhood which strengthens the sense of community and social fabric
- Create a Development Incentive Program for Small Business and Industrial Users
- Provide a Multi-Model Transportation System
- Develop Community Center
- Assess Housing Type Needs
- Assess Commercial Needs
General Contact Information
600 Market Street
Leesburg, FL 34748
Phone: 352-728-9786 x1310