Leesburg declares State of Emergency - Updated closings and cancellations
For immediate release: March 18, 2020
Contact: Office of the City Manager
352-728-9786 ext. 1100
Leesburg declares state of emergency
Updated closings and cancellations
LEESBURG, FL – The city of Leesburg declared a State of Emergency effective 10:00am, March 18, 2020, as a standard protocol in response to other regulatory directives and to be eligible for potential federal financial relief.
Accordingly, the following information provides updates and the latest actions taken by the city to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- The regular City Commission meeting scheduled for March 23, 2020 has been cancelled.
- The Historic Preservation Board meeting scheduled for March 25, 2020 has been cancelled.
- The Leesburg Public Library will be closed to the public beginning at 7:00pm on March 18 through April 15.
- Effective until April 15, all meetings, activities and public gatherings at the following city facilities will be suspended: Venetian Center, Resource Center, gymnasium, Rogers Park pavilion and splash pad. This includes all City sponsored programs and use of meeting rooms by outside organizations and individuals.
- Recreation athletic programs including baseball, softball, pickleball and field rentals are also suspended during this period.
- City staff will be directly contacting those affected by these closings.
Please check the City website at www.LeesburgFlorida.gov for the latest information.