Leesburg offices will close for Christmas and New Years Holidays
For immediate release: December 15, 2021
Contact: Office of the City Manager
352-728-9786 ext. 1100
Click here for additional Solid Waste Pick-Up Information - Including Holiday Schedules
Leesburg will close offices and facilities for Christmas and New Year’s observance
LEESBURG, FL – City of Leesburg offices and facilities will be closed on Friday, December 24 and Monday, December 27 for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day holiday observance. Regular operations will resume on Tuesday, December 28. Offices and facilities will also be closed on Friday, December 31 for New Year’s Day observance. All departments will open with normal operating hours on Monday, January 3
There will be no garbage, yard waste, bulk items, appliance or recycling collection on Friday, December 24, Monday, December 27 or Friday, December 31.
- Residential solid waste normally collected on Friday will move to Tuesday.
- Residential solid waste and hand commercial routes normally picked up on Monday will move to Thursday.
- ** SPECIAL DAY** Recycling collection that falls on Friday, December 24, will be picked up on Wednesday, December 29th.
- Recycling scheduled for December 31 will shift to the next regularly scheduled recycling day.
- There is no change to dumpster service.
The Leesburg Public Library will be closed Friday, December 24 through Monday, December 27 and will reopen Tuesday, December 28 with normal operating hours. The library will also be closed Friday, December 31 through Sunday, January 2, reopening on Monday, January 3.
Many city services can be conducted online at www.LeesburgFlorida.gov.
Leesburg is a progressive city of more than 23,000 residents in northwest Lake County. The city government serves twice as many people with its electric, gas, water and wastewater public utilities. Leesburg also is a central hub for commerce, attracting 50,000 people to work each weekday. For more information, visit www.leesburgflorida.gov.