City of Leesburg offices to close during Bikefest
For Immediate Release: April 19, 2019
Contact: Office of the City Manager
352-728-9786 ext. 1100
City of Leesburg offices/facilities to close during Bikefest
LEESBURG, FL – Leesburg City Hall, 501 W. Meadow Street, will close on Friday, April 26, during part of the 23rd Annual Leesburg Bikefest. Offices include Customer Service, the City Clerk, Finance, Human Resources and the City Manager’s Office. The Customer Service drive-through payment window will be closed on Thursday, April 25.
Other City facilities will have modified operating hours during Bikefest as follows:
- The Leesburg Public Library, 100 E. Main Street, will close at 5:00pm Thursday, April 25, and re-open at 9 a.m. Monday, April 29. The book drop will also be closed during this time. The library will grant an extension for all materials due back during the weekend of Bikefest. The adjusted due date for those materials will be Monday, April 29.
- The Municipal Services Center at 204 N. 5th Street, which includes the Building Department, Planning and Zoning, Purchasing, IT and GIS Departments will close on Friday, April 26.
All City offices will open again on Monday, April 29.
To save trips downtown during the busy event, customers may make utility payments through Leesburg’s online website at www.leesburgflorida.gov or by calling the automated phone service at (352) 728-9810. Leesburg utilities customers can also make payments at all Amscot offices (visit www.amscot.com for locations); online at www.fidelityexpress.com, or in person at the following Fidelity Express payment centers (convenience fees will apply):
- 7 Star Discount, 2005 W. Main Street, Leesburg; (352) 728-2290
- 7 Star Discount, 103 N. Dixie Avenue, Fruitland Park; (352) 787-7557
- Right Way Foods, 11100 California Street, Leesburg; (352) 343-5001
- Bob’s Zippy Market #1, 311 N. Dixie Avenue, Fruitland Park; (352) 728-4744
- Bob’s Zippy Market #2, 1501 South Street, Leesburg; (352) 728-3378
- Lady Lake Mobile, 841 S US Highway 441, Lady Lake; (352) 750-0221
For detailed information regarding Leesburg Bikefest 2018, visit www.leesburgbikefest.com .
Leesburg is a progressive city of more than 23,000 residents in northwest Lake County. The city government serves twice as many people with its electric, gas, water and wastewater public utilities. Leesburg is also a central hub for commerce, attracting 50,000 people to work each weekday. For more information, visit www.leesburgflorida.gov.